the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ear plugs...

Well good morning Clipper fans. I wish I could say it was a better morning for me. Of course, it is just my luck that the hotel room next to me has a screaming child. In any case, I am an early riser these days and as luck would have it, no significant snoring from good old Coach Tarangioli last night.

I wanted to get back with you all last night, but due to some old man fatigue, a full belly and a modest headache, I crashed out early. However, I must tell you that our practice was pretty darn good. The fellas seemed to have turned the switch on and have started to play the good tennis. This is somewhat of a nice surprise after eating at Five Guys for burgers just prior to hitting the courts. This is essentially phase three of our season. We had our spring break, our conference and now the Nationals. I certainly hope that the players are able to rise to the occasion and raise their levels to what we all expect and what we know we will need to get the job done versus any team we play down here.

After our practice in the heat of the day, we rested a bit and then turned our attention to the Olive Garden. A nice time was had by all. I am still not sure Shaolin knows exactly what he is ordering when we go out to eat. He always seems to have some trouble and is often surprised when his meal comes...funny stuff.

As for today, the Hilton gives us a complimentary breakfast so I will be sure to enjoy that. Moving forward, it is off to the courts for an 11am practice at the tournament site at Sanlando Park. I am sure we will see many other teams there and probably Coach Neil will be ready to have long conversations with any available Coach. The players just love that, especially when we are waiting at the van to head home.

Catch up with you all later. Really miss you all and wish you were here.

Nuff said...

No comments:

Post a Comment