the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Another day...

Good morning all,

We had a nice restful day after the conclusion of our match yesterday.  Since we finished at 9am most of the team took the opportunity to catch up on sleep.  I was able to get some exercise jogging around the park which was desperately needed. 

Neil and I went over to the tournament site to support our friends at NYIT as they took on Hawaii Pacific.  Sadly, their great season ended with a tough loss to HPU but a great season nevertheless.  Also, we caught a glimpse of Queens College as they played but were also on the losing side of things.  However, what an accomplishment for them.  I hope to equal their achievement and qualify for Nationals with our women's team next year.

Queens coach Alan Nagel
I did venture back over to the park to feed the ducks.  I think that they enjoyed my company or at least the food.  A few of the guys went to a nearby high school for a little hitting to sharpen their game.  I hope it will help as today we will need to be at our best to advance over a great Lander team.  I do like our chances however and am proud of our team.

The evening ended with a trip to the Outback Steakhouse.  The guys love this place...I don't.  In any case, some good fellowship and the stomachs were filled.  I do wish that there wasn't so much cell phone activity during the meal but I guess it's a sign of the times.

Well it's off to the breakfast buffet and then to the courts.  I hope to be back with you later to report another win.

Nuff saif...

No comments:

Post a Comment