the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Back on the Horse???


Well folks, finally back in NY and the comforts of home. Always a nice feeling to be back in the fold of my own bed and familiar faces and routines. However, there is one routine that I am not sure I will ever resume. Most of you that know me understand that I promote toughness and do not like to give into fears, but rather confront them.

As you all probably know by now, our Clippers have just returned from a tremendously successful Florida trip full of matches that included a win over the #1 team in the country. However, many of you will not know that a few years ago on this same trip, my luck was not as good. On our way from the airport to Ocean Gallery, just at the very start of our trip, the team stopped at a roadside convenience store similar to 7-11. I was hungry and opted for a hotdog. After one bite, I knew that this hotdog was not so fresh and discarded the remainder in the garbage. Sadly, within a short period of time, I became violently ill and ended up in the hospital. Since this day, I have not been able to eat a hotdog from a similar establishment.

Well this year, I returned to the scene of the crime. Yes, I entered that very same store, walked up to that very same hotdog cooker (shown above at the top of this post) looked at it for a while, maybe even spoke to it a little. Decision time. Should I get back on the horse and try one? Do I risk another trip to the emergency room? Is it really important for me to be tough, confront this fear and show that hotdog cooker who is boss?

Well, I wasn't hungry, so I didn't have one. Maybe I have become weak...not so tough anymore. However, guess what, no trip to the hospital and that suits me just fine. I suppose that the hotdogs that I eat will be only the ones that I cook, and that's ok.

Nuff said...

1 comment:

  1. And that is certainly not only ok, but a wise choice. That makes you stronger, not weaker Grasshopper. Congratulations again on a truly special week that you can now cherish always.

    ReplyDelete