the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Thursday, September 16, 2010


We are off to the ITA East Regional in Philadelphia tomorrow. I hope that the players understand how important this event is. We have won the singles and doubles draws three years in a row and have enjoyed advancing to Alabama to compete in the national event. I am in no mood to see this string of success discontinued.

I think we have many of the favorites to get the job done as the tournament is more wide open this year without Alex Grubin in the draw. Queens College has added several good players that should be a factor as well. I look forward to seeing what the other teams in the region have added.

A few nagging injuries have presented themselves and I hope that they do not become large concerns over the weekend. This tournament is quite early in the season and forces the advancing players to be on the court for as many as 9 matches in 2 1/2 days. I think we should extend the event to 4 days rather than 3 in the future.

Nuff said...

1 comment:

  1. I saw it was going well!
    KEEP US UPDATED, please

    ReplyDelete