the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Food Wars...


A fair amount under the weather, I found myself dozing in and out of Wednesday night television. Although I did miss the majority of Coach Dano abode favorite, Man vs. Food, I did come out of a flu-like stupor just in time for Food Wars on the Travel Channel.

As luck would have it, the program featured the Philly Cheesesteak challenge. Those close to the tennis team here at Concordia know that we have great affection for Pat's King of Steaks, one of the competitors on tonight's show. I must say that, even though I am sporting a modest fever, my mouth still watered like a Pavlovian dog awaiting my reward after the ringing of a bell.


I hope I am able to stay lucid long enough to share the winner of the "war" pitting Pat vs Tony Luke. Have a look at some footage...



The verdict is in...the winner of the Food War and the finest cheesesteak in Philadelphia is...Pat's King of Steaks in a split decision.

Certainly not a surprise to this man with high cholesterol.

I say to myself tonight "be well" and as always,

Nuff said...

1 comment: