the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Sunday, April 04, 2010

We had the Ruenz...

An update on recent grad and former Clipper netman Henning Ruenz...

Henning Ruenz (’09) recently sent the following comments: "I am proud to say that the education provided by Concordia was very satisfactory and prepared me well for life in the "competitive open market." I attribute this to the small class sizes that Concordia offers, which allow a more personal and interactive teaching style. In the professional but student-oriented class sessions, I benefited from both the theoretical and practical knowledge of the professors."

"As an international student from Germany, I felt warmly welcomed from the first moment. I am especially grateful for the support of my English teacher—enabling me to build a strong language basis to excel throughout my studies. Also, being part of the Fellows Program and the tennis team further enriched my Concordia experience. Looking back, I am very happy to have chosen Concordia College as it not only helped me grow academically, but also personally."

Last summer, Ruenz interned at the global headquarters of Volkswagen in Wolfsburg, Germany. He worked for a Director of Product Management, completing assignments in market analysis and brand portfolio planning. This summer, Ruenz has a marketing internship at Henkel, the consumer products company in Düsseldorf.

Ruenz is in the midst of pursuing a Masters in International Management from ESADE/CEMS in Barcelona, Spain. There he was recognized as one of the school’s top students and this fall will attend the London School of Economics—among the world’s elite business schools. Concordia Business Chair Kit Nagel comments, "We’re delighted that Henning will attend the LSE; his strong undergraduate work here in International Management clearly prepared him well. He is a fine individual and this is an unprecedented achievement for a Concordia graduate."

Please join me in congratulating Henning, keep up the good work.

Nuff said...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! We are humbled by Henning's accomplishments and are proud to recognize him as a wonderful Tennis Clipper! Live long & prosper, Henning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...but, did he "pay homage" to Coach Dan with a great steak dinner last night?

    ReplyDelete