the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The walking man walks...


Wow, what a title. Now there’s some serious symbolism for the fast approaching transition from year end to new year beginning. So this will be the last blog post for 2009. I am sure that this will bring about a reaction similar to that of when Ed McMahon reveals to Carnac the Magnificent, played by Johnny Carson, that “I hold in my hand, the last envelope.” (click here for Carnac)

As I am sure many of you know, the spring semester at Concordia begins substantially earlier than most factions of higher education this coming Tuesday, January 5th. Tennis practice will assuredly begin shortly thereafter. If everything goes well, we will have another player joining the fold as the new year begins. Martin Miedzowicz of Uruguay has been accepted to the college and is scheduled to arrive in New York for the spring semester. Martin will bring additional depth to a lineup that already has quite a bit of talent, especially at the top. We look forward to
welcoming Martin and expect great things for the team in 2010.

Of course, the turning of the calendar year is a time for many things. Some make resolutions. Some party like rock stars. Others like to celebrate traditions with family and friends. As for me, I like to reflect. I like to think about the experiences that I have had this past year and the things that I have learned. Also, as I like to speak of goals quite often, I like to ponder the efforts I have made and the subsequent goals reached. I like to think about my personal and professional relationships with others and the happiness that has ensued. I like to remember the work, the joy, the many laughs and even the tears. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I like to think about the opportunity to live life and the many good things that are to come.

In any case, I wish you all a 2010 filled with health, happiness, joy, laughter, success, and much love. “One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.” - John Burroughs

Be well and as always, Nuff said...

No comments:

Post a Comment