the lines are still good

Follow the happenings of an animated college tennis coach and his teams in their pursuit of an NCAA National Tennis Championship. It is always the impressive trophy that is displayed for all to admire that gets the attention, but it is the journey to claiming that trophy, the relationships built, the people served and the memories created, that live forever...and what I hope you will find interesting...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Let's Get It Started...


Good morning Clippernation!

A long day! Up at 5am. To JFK. 8:15am to JAX International. Safe arrival at JAX. One plus hour drive to St. Augustine and Ocean Gallery. Unpack. Hit the courts for a 2 hour practice. Shower (I hope the whole team had a shower). Off to CiCi's Pizza (which I will never, ever do again). Winn Dixie for grocery shopping...yes I still have my Winn Dixie card. A little television and sleep...sleep...and some more sleep. A heck of a day indeed.

I must say that we did look pretty good out there for our first outdoor practice of the year. Of course, there are many things to adjust to including the sun, wind, temperature and the passing by of young coeds. All can distract the college tennis player. However, for the most part, we were unfazed. Now I am not going to tell you that we looked as good as we do indoors in the perfect conditions of tennis, but for the most part, not too shabby. Always a good thing when I don't witness the cursing or the racquet throwing.


In any case, after a nice night of sleep, I woke of and visited the resort gym. Certainly not going to be mistaken for Phoenix Fitness back in NY, but enough to get the job done. Today is another day of tennis and preparation on the courts. We will have two sessions today at 12 noon and again in the evening. It is a nice advantage this year to have an extra day to prepare for our first match. In addition, we have scheduled a bit wiser and have our important matches at the end of the week.

Well I am off to get the coffee for Coach T. and then to the courts. After practice I hope to take a jaunt to the beach and soak up some rays. I may even retrieve my skim board this year and have a go at it. I will be sure to alert the Flagler Hospital ER just in case. I am sure that they remember me there as I think I have an outstanding bill.

Have a great day.

Nuff said...

No comments:

Post a Comment